"I'm sexy. I'm cute, I'm popular to boot, I'm bitching, Great Hair, The boys all like to stare"....


Again, not on drugs or alcohol, but excited at the fact that I now own Bring It On on DVD... Now before you start thinking what the hell, let me explain....

There used to be this little thing at my old high school called Rock Eisteddfod. I only did it in my last year, but when I do something I give 110%... I helped with paperwork, built sets at 3am on a Saturday night, rehearsed and danced my arse off. Ever since, I have been thinking about themes for Rocka, for both Secondary and Primary, I also help out at my brother's primary school- my old one!... So one day, I got the idea for a Bring It On theme. So I thought I'd go out and buy it on DVD...

Little did I know, in the whole of Wyndham, Bring It On is no where. Its not at any of the shops at the Werribee Plaza, not at any video stores, to rent or buy, its not anywhere... So I found it increasingly painful to walk into a shop and ask about it, because everyone thought they were being helpful, by saying "Have you tried here?", "Yes, Not there".... I got very sick and tired of the same thing.

Now it wasn't just the fact that I couldn't find it anywhere, but it began to haunt me. No, not nightmares, but everywhere I went, I would see something related to Bring It On... Mainly its sequel, Bring It On Again. For starters, I wasn't even aware that there was a sequel, but it is everywhere. I would look at the spines of DVD's, and see the Bring It On title, and get my hopes up and then be brought back to Earth with a crashing jolt when I saw the word Again! It wasn't only the sequel that haunted me... When I walked into video stores, I would look at the TV and an ad for Kirsten Dunst would be on... and they would talk about her role in Bring It On, and show a bit of it!

But finally, after weeks of searching through discount buckets and endless shelves of DVD's it made an appearance, at Melbourne Central... But one small problem, I had no money, so I had to stand there with it in my hand, put it back and walk away... A very sad day indeed... But today I went back there, found it in my hiding spot, where I left it last time, and bought it! As soon as I got home, it got put in the DVD player and was played for the very first time!

This was just a little saga that all my friends knew about, and found it amusing, so I thought I had better blog it!

Why don't matches play softball?
One strike, and they're out.

1 Comment:

  1. Debbie said...
    Hey Adam!

    Why didn't you ask Meghan to get me to get Bring It On from work? You know I work at Sanity and we have it in stock too!

    By the way, thanks for linking to my blog. Yours is linked on mine now too :)

    Take care,

    Debbie

Leave your own Bitchy Remark!




 


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
This blog is best viewed with Firefox, it looks prettier.