I went clubbing last night, and had something happen to me which never happens. I guy tried to pick me up. Let's set the scene:

AdamMac was standing in a hallway, after his friends had gone upstairs. A big bunch of people squeeze their way through the tiny hallway. AdamMac is trying to use his phone to text people, and one of the guys squeezing through comes up next to him and says, 'Kiss?'.
That was it. One word. It was kinda depressing. Mainly because apparently I look easy enough to be picked up with one word. Just because I'm standing next to the stairs to the 'Fuck-your-brains-out' 'Men's Only' section, doesn't mean I had just gotten down from there. And the fact that the guy was like 50 didn't help either.

It made me think. Did I look that desperate to make a 50-something guy think he had a chance with me?

This is why I hate the scene. It plays on my emotions. I've always wondered if it was the same at straight clubs. I figured at straight clubs it would be a little different, seeing that I think that its more common to randomly pick someone up at a gay club, compared to a straight club. It supposed to do with something about men's sexual mentality. Mainly because we are supposed to be horny 24-7 and on the constant look-out for our next conquest. That's the reason why I don't like the scene. I'm not like this typical guy. I don't go looking for the next conquest, I've got no need to.

But then I have to ask myself, if I'm not like that, why am I getting depressed being there? I suppose its a question that will be on my mind for a while.

AdamMac.

3 Comments:

  1. ~shan said...
    a random 40ish yr old guy tried to pick me up last nite. actually, he tried to get his same age friend to hook up with me and when that didnt work he tried to have a crack himself.
    And you're not the only one questioning this clubbing thing. My friends and i were talking last nite about how the clubbing every weekend is getting a little tired and it wreaks havoc on the mind and body. we might take a break from clubbing for a month and do other things (movies, coffee, things that dont have us coming home at 10am)
    but then again, on the way home last nite i got a fone call from a friend saying he's going out next weekend and wants me to go....
    Paul said...
    To be blunt and answer your question as vindictively as possible yes, yes you do look desperate enough to make a 50-something guy think he has a chance. Heck you could even push that to mid 60's :P

    I expect the real reason why your annoyed is because he didn't offer you cash, i mean when it really comes down to it, you just wanted to be paid.

    Lol you have a nineteen year old! I mean really what do you care? I don't even have a nineteen year old!

    I think thats enough player hating for one day.
    Anonymous said...
    adam, i think you need to see straight clubs too then... i think its the same. some weird dweeby guy went up to shanthi last week and asked if he could kiss her, he didnt care she was there with kirstin. Come to Volt on saturday and party with me for once, we will go after presentation... shanthi is coming to your place too YAY

Leave your own Bitchy Remark!




 


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
This blog is best viewed with Firefox, it looks prettier.