I tested my willpower this morning. I tested to see how far I could push it, and well I failed. My attempt at self restraint was pushed to the limit and that limit was tested with a lamp. After walking through the whole of IKEA for the first time, I had got only what I told myself I would get. I was walking confidently towards the checkout with only the things that I needed when I saw the thing that would push me over my limit.

It was a simple green lamp. I already own a lamp. As a matter of fact, I own two. One is boring and crappy, but its been good to me over the last couple of years. The other is a lava lamp. Now the lava lamp hasn't worked for a long time, but it still takes pride of place on one of my bedside tables. But for some reason, I couldn't walk out of the shop without it. I didn't know why, but for some reason, I just needed it.

I'm very happy with the whole selections that I made at IKEA. My bedroom looks quite snazzy if I don't say so myself. I did spend the majority of my afternoon organising it, but now I feel better about the whole room. It looks so much better that what I thought it would.

Now, I just have to plan my next trip to IKEA. After walking through the show room, I kept seeing more and more things that I like. Only thing is, I need to have someone else with me, I don't wanna walk out with another lamp.

AdamMac

0 Comments:

Leave your own Bitchy Remark!




 


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
This blog is best viewed with Firefox, it looks prettier.