I hate doing grocery shopping. Its one of those things that I truly loathe. I think its mainly because I'm too paranoid about what I'm buying and when people see what I have in my basket, they might judge me on it. I know it sounds very paranoid of me, but for some reason, every time I go shopping, I always feel like I'm being watched.

I think this paranoia stems from my inability to grocery shop. Its not like when I walk into a supermarket, I can't function, it's just that I don't really know what to buy. I know about the staples and stuff like that, i.e. Milk, Bread, Chocolate, but I don't know about the other stuff.

I don't cook much, and I think that may also be another one of my problems when it comes to grocery shopping. Instead of six thousand different fruits and veg in my basket, I have either apples or mandarins. Instead of different spices and powders, I have the Pasta and Sauces packets.

Another thing that annoys me when I go shopping, is when you finally finish and go to the checkout, you have to put everything on the conveyor belt. I get all confused, because I don't know if there is an order for everything to go on the belt, like certain foods being together etc. And they always seem to take forever to serve the person in front of me, so it feels like all my groceries are on the belt on display for an eternity. I think this is just my paranoia of not being able to buy the right things that makes it feel like an eternity, but it does seem quite long.

I really shouldn't say they aren't right things. I suppose what I buy isn't exactly the most healthy options, but its gets my by. Who cares if I've got a 5 pack of 2 minute noodles?

AdamMac
Looking into shopping online

3 Comments:

  1. Dale said...
    You know what'll fix ya? One supermarket shopping trip accompanied by my mum!
    She'll show you how it's done, she's like the queen of the supermarket we go to - knows everybody! And she has an uncanny sense of price.
    Let me know if you'd like me to book you a session. :)
    princessoctober said...
    hahaha...I love going to the grocery store..its way more fun after you have kids..you get to buy spaghetti-o's and all kinds of things and people just assume its for your kids not you..LOL.
    I know what you mean about being on display. People do tend to judge you on what you buy. Which is really a strange thing.
    But, Yo help you out a little. Do what I do..sit down and think out some meals you seem to eat time and time again. Those things become staples also. Then you just go in and buy those things first and after that go for what sounds good.
    Me I'm anal...I check weekly specials, and cut coupons, along with watching a couple of internet sites for coupons..but its paid off..last month i bought 170 items for 130 dollars...YAY..personal best so far.
    Anonymous said...
    adam, as a professional supermarket chickee, let me tell u... 1) there is only an order for all the items on the belt if u want order, if ur checkout chick is any good, like me, she will sort it herself. if u dont care if ur laundry detergent goes with your canned spagetti then it doesnt matter.
    2) u arent overweight, noone will be goin "he shouldnt be gettin this, he shouldnt be getting that" noone will notice.
    and 3) i have the same problem with not knowing what to buy i get there and my mind goes blank. i get only packet shit and as for fruit... what is fruit?? haha

Leave your own Bitchy Remark!




 


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
This blog is best viewed with Firefox, it looks prettier.