It's very rare that I actually do something serious on here. It's on the rare occasion that something happens which provokes me to do a serious post about them, I think its only happened on here once before, Same Sex Marriage. Whenever a topic comes up in the news that in some way effects me quite a bit, I need to blog about it.

If you don't know what CTM means, then you either don't watch the news, or don't live in Melbourne. Basically it refers to an illegal DVD which was created in my home town. The DVD is called 'C*NT the movie'. It is basically a DVD whoch involves a bunch of teenage boys wreaking havoc to local property, and also committing sexual offences towards a young girl.

There were four students from my old school that were involved in the distrubution and the production of the movie, and their names have been passed onto the authorities. Out of over 1000 students, 4 of them were in some way involved with the DVD. Not even one percent of the student population were involved in it, yet the whole school has been affected by it.

Apparently kids from the school are being spat on, because they wear the school uniform. This is just down right crazy. The school is a good school. It's gone through a lot over the last couple of years, and its been able to get through them all. It had began to establish a good name for itself in the community, then these fuckwits create a DVD and bring its reputation down to the ground. I had someone at work ask me if I went to that school a couple of days ago, and they felt sorry for the current kids there at the moment, because it must be a good school if people like myself have come out of it.

Werribee Secondary College is a great school. It offers such a wide range of extra curricular activates and and has an excellent curriculum. I would honestly not be the type of person I am to today if I hadn't have gone to that school. I've learnt important life long lessons there, and I have such good memories of the place that I know I will cherish them for the rest of my life. The staff at the school do so much for their kids, and the students all respect that. Its unfair such a tragic event like this could tarnish such a good reputation that took so long to build.

The thing that annoys me the most about the movie is that the kids who made it feel no remorse at all. They think they've become somewhat heroes from it, and that just sickens me. They've changed their MySpace display names to contain 'CTM' to show people that they were involved in the DVD. It shouldn't be something that these kids should be proud of, yet something for them to be ashamed of. Not only have they shown that they are complete morons, but they've given Werribee and the high schools within it such bad names now.

I think all copies of the DVD's should be removed and destroyed, and the boys who had something to do with it severly punished.

If you wanna read more about it you can here.

1 Comment:

  1. Paul said...
    It is very annoying how the actions of the few can have such a profound effect upon the whole. Fairness is forgotten when the ignorant or uninformed typecast a particular segment based upon the activities of outliers. It is a fundamental flaw I’m afraid our society shall always have. It is a shame that most people will never know about the positive associations connected to Werribee Secondary College simply because negatives are considered more new worthy.

    It goes without saying the actions of the 4 boys were inexcusable and any repercussions they may face will never in my eyes be punishment enough.

Leave your own Bitchy Remark!




 


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
This blog is best viewed with Firefox, it looks prettier.