I’ve had my first loss of someone in what I would call me immediate family. My childhood pet, my tabby cat, was hit by a car and had to be put down today.

Seeing that I don’t live at home anymore, it wasn’t until I went to go baby-sit my little brother and sister that I found out. No one was home, so I waited to get home, and when they got home, mum had red eyes and it was quite clear that she had been crying. In her hands was a pink blanket that had been folded over a couple of times. I had no idea what was going on, and asked mum what had happening.

All she had to say was Tabby, and I knew exactly what had happened. Apparently she had been hit by a car, and she had gone under the house because she was sore, and when cats get hurt badly, they tend to want to be alone. Mum found her this morning, and all she was doing was crying. They had no other choice to put her down.

When mum first said it, it didn’t really sink in. I’ve been extremely lucky when it comes to deaths in my family, I only really remember one, and that was my nan. It was the first funeral I ever had to attend for a family member, and I never wanted to do it again.

Tabby was my favourite cat. I grew up with her. When I used to live at home, Tabby would sleep in my bed, either at my feet, or she would sometimes manage to sneak under the blankets and sleep right next to me. She was affectionate and would always come to you and brush against your leg, or just fall to sleep in her lap.

She was old and she had been through so much. She had lived a long life, and deserved to die a more dignified death. To be hit by a car is just tragic, we always thought that she was going to die of old age. I always thought she was going to be around. Whenever I would visit the family, I would always see Tabby. Whenever I would stay at the house, Tabby would always sleep with me. She was just a part of this house, and she always will be.

I will always miss you Tabby.

1 Comment:

  1. Dale said...
    Hm. Sad much.
    My condolences.
    *hug*

Leave your own Bitchy Remark!




 


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
This blog is best viewed with Firefox, it looks prettier.