I was sick of being pale and white. I was sick of looking like a ghost in some of the photos that were taken of me and my friends. So I decided to do something about it.

First it started off with some fake tan. I think this was one of the biggest mistakes that I could have made. Instead of turning a lovely tanned colour, I went a slightly orange colour. Which was mainly highlighted by the extra orange bits between my fingers and on my ankles. Lets just say after that experience, I was staying away from fake tan for a very long time.

Next came the solarium, which I had been saying I would go to for a long time, but never really got around to doing it. Finally the wife took me with her, and from that day on I was hooked. My goal was to be brown before my birthday, so I went quite regularly and was actually surprised at how tanned I was starting to look.

Because I was so white, at the start, they weren't sure how many minutes I should be going in for at a time, so I started going for only 4 minutes, just to see if I burnt or had a reaction or something like that. Needless to say, I didn't have one, and I started going in for longer sessions. Now I go in for like 10 minutes at a time.

Due to my previous experiences with fake tan, see above, I held off from using any sort of bronzer or tingle cream while using the solarium. Then one day, one of the girls asked why I was just using the normal one, and she managed to convince me to try one with a bronzer in it. Thankfully there was no orange marks on me, so I continue to use it.

I haven't been in a couple of weeks, and I think thats why I've become a bit stressed lately. Going to the solarium makes me feel all relaxed, because it forces me to chill out for at least the 10 minutes. So when I go, its not really just for the tan, but also my own mental wellbeing*.

Because I haven't been in a couple of weeks, I've lost my tan line. I was pretty devastated when I saw that. So I'm going back tomorrow morning. Below is some pictures of me before and after. Obviously the ones on the left are pre-solarium, and the ones on the right are after.

*As you can tell, I've tried to justify my solarium addiction, even though it probably isn't true!

1 Comment:

  1. Anthony said...
    Tanned or not tanned... youre still adorably cute.

    Keep up the good work with the blog too!

Leave your own Bitchy Remark!




 


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
This blog is best viewed with Firefox, it looks prettier.