Softball is something thats in my blood. All my family play, and I can remember playing it ever since I can remember anything! This year I decided to take the year off from playing and I'm just coaching the women's team. Yesterday was going to be the first game that I had watched the men play this season, without actually playing myself.

The game started and a couple of minutes in, I noticed that an A Grade Men's game didn't have a line umpire. Now I haven't umpired for ages, and I knew the umpire doing the game, so I figured that I would go help them out. Not because I'm a nice caring person, but because I couldn't stand to watch them play, if I wasn't on the field. I knew that if I watched, I would wanna play, and I didn't want to test my already failing self control. So I then picked up a clicker and went and umpired the men's game.

I must admit though, that I did catch a couple of glimpses of the game while I was line umpiring, but tried very hard to ignore it. Well I'm about five weeks in, so lets hope I can last the next 15 or so. Whenever I am near softball, this evil competitive gene comes out, so I just gotta try and keep that for the women's game and hopefully it will go away for the mens.

As for the women's team, we are traveling along quite smoothly. Ok, so I might stop being modest for a second... We are DOMINATING! So far we haven't dropped a game yet, and as of last week, so not including yesterday's win, 10-5, we are on drop of the ladder with 1000%. With a whooping 40 points for and 4 points against. But its still early in on the season, we've still got a long way to go until we go for the flag!

I'll keep you all updated on the progress of my self control, and women's winning spree.

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I like your buns.

    Just how I like them-toight like a toiger...

    Lou ;)
    Anonymous said...
    Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
    anyhow thanks for the good read!

Leave your own Bitchy Remark!




 


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
This blog is best viewed with Firefox, it looks prettier.