I was lying on the floor at work today, during my first break. I think I was trying to sober up, note to self try to get at least four hours sleep before work if I've had a massive night, and Tamara saw me lying there and told me that my fly was starting to come undone. I looked down and she was right, it was indeed. Now this usually happens to me quite often, my fly starts to just go down, but not down that much, she could only see it because my shirt had lifted up when I lied down.

I told her that it wasn't coming undone, but it was always like this. The response I got from her was weird. She asked why I didn't lock it when I pulled the zip up. I think that she guessed from my puzzled look on my face that I had no idea what this lock was, and no idea where it was for that matter. So she learned across and zipped up my fly*, and made it so the tag thing on the zip was facing down. After doing this, she announced that she had now locked it and had a smile on her face that just screamed triumph.

After a couple of minutes of then studying my fly to see what she had done that was so different to what I usually did, and her wetting herself in laughter, I asked her what was so different. Apparently, whenever I do up my fly I don't put the little tag thing down, so it doesn't lock it. There is some weird latch thing, that then stops the fly from going down. To be honest, I was shocked. Never did I think that there was such a thing. Even after a good 10 years of jean wearing behind me, and 2 years of working in a clothing manufacturing company, I had no idea this thing existed.

Of course in my excitement, I had to go tell everybody, which is something I do with a lot of things that I learn at work. So the last ten minutes of my break was pretty much wasted on telling people about my fly. And now I've wasted another 5 typing up this post.

If only I had of known this beforehand. I wouldn't have had those embarrassing moments on my 21st, when my fly started to come down. Although, I still find it funny, being on stage having 'Happy Birthday' sung to me and I was too busy facing the wall, doing up my fly....

*By the way, this is probably the closest anyone has come to my fly in a long time... How depressing.

2 Comments:

  1. : : Wendz : : said...
    LMAO that's all I have to say
    Anonymous said...
    omg adam we have so much in common... my fly is always coming undone too... many time i have walked through coles to later discover that my zip was undone and betty boop is winking at the world... (hmmm that doesnt sound good, i have several pair of undies with that picture, betty boop winking on the front haha) I fear my problem is worse tho adam... for my arse is rapidly expanding you see, thus causing the zip to actually split so its still up but 'undone'... this whole week that has just past has had me checkin my pants every 5 minutes... sad!!!

    Also i didnt know about the zip lock thing either, when i hear zip lock i think them glad wrap sandwich bags...

Leave your own Bitchy Remark!




 


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
This blog is best viewed with Firefox, it looks prettier.