2004 was a big year for myself. I started uni, I'm studying Arts @ Melbourne- for all those interested... I became vice president of the Werribee Softball Association... Acted with the Werribee Theatre Company in "Away"... Started to co-host with the lovely Meghan B. on 90.7 SYN ... Celebrated the arrival of a new baby sister, Keeley Meagan... Stage managed a school musical... Became a groupie or band bitch as my mum likes to call it... And well did a whole lot of other stuff, as I said, it's been a BIG year...

And there is only one way to celebrate the end of a massive year....ROAD TRIP!!!!

That's right, Meghan B., Morgz, Jess, Jo, and myself all squeezed into the Meghan B.'s massive car, and made our way to the ever exciting, always lively town of Loch Sport. Where is that I hear you ask... believe me you don't want to know...

After a massive four hour drive... highlighted by the occasional glance over the left shoulder and toilet break... we finally arrived in the center of Loch Sport... Why Loch Sport??? The number 1 cover band in Melbourne, "Inferno"... in my eyes anyway... were playing their very last gig. Why they chose Loch Sport... I do not know... Anyway, we arrived at Loch Sport, only getting lost once...thanks Morgz and Jo, and we headed to our motel. There we were met by the queen of all bogans, "How ya doing, love?", and shown to our room.

The gig was in a fantastic outdoor venue called the "Marina", full of lovely people, with really high drink prices. The band rocked, as they always do... and it was a fun night.

Anyway, back to my Loch Sport bashing... Sorry to all those readers who are in Loch Sport, but seriously, you have to agree.
Walking done the street to the gig, with all of us feeling highly overdressed... we walked with fear. Scared that at any second, some random person could jump out and shoot us with a shotgun for trespassing on private property... which we weren't, but who knows...
Arriving at the gig was even more eventful... Needing some cash, I thought I would try and find an ATM, which was sadly no where to be seen. The only thing around was EFTPOS machine, which I think is the only one in all of Loch Sport.
Then heading to the bar to see what was available to drink, and seeing the word "Coyboys", not once but twice. There are a couple of things wrong with this, the fact that it was the same on two separate boards, and that they had the premixed drinks right in front of the with the correct name... Its just wrong...

Bloody hell, see what has happened, its got my so worked up, I've turned bitchy. I have to stop talking about it now, and go and get some sleep....

As I mentioned before, I have started guest co-hosting on the 90.7 SYN, with Meghan B. (http://www.meghanbnightowl.blogspot.com). Check out her website, I'm sure she will talk about Loch Sport, so if you want another view check it out...

You can also hear me and Meghan B. on 90.7 SYN... Fridays 1-3pm and Every Second Sunday Night 2-6am...

A Happy New Year to all... and may the new year bring you everything you want...

BTW, I also decided that I would have a bad joke on every post I do... just so you leave each post with a smile...

Two peanuts were walking down the street... one was a salted!!

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Heys, it's Skanky Jo here, finally posting a comment for Adam. However, due to it being after 2 in the morning, I dont really have any words of wisdom to put forth...although I will say that the trip to and from the nothing-ness that was Loch Sport was a blast, as was the whole experience there....Go the Duckies!!! Once again- How good are my presents? Even though Meghan was not amused being woken up by the quacks....

Leave your own Bitchy Remark!




 


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
This blog is best viewed with Firefox, it looks prettier.