Thank god this weekend is over!!! It has been full on!! I have been doing some volunteer work in a theatre since last Thursday, with bumping-in, tech rehearsals, performances and bumping-out!! I love doing it, but it is hard work... But it usually leaves me pretty tired by the end of it, and I've discovered a couple of stages that I go through when I get tired... These were the phases that I went through on Sunday...
NB: These aren't the phases that I would usually go through, but this is after having very little sleep for four days straight!!!

Phase 1 - Sleep Living Waking up and still being asleep! Where you are awake, but its like your sleepwalking. You don't usually remember what happens in this time, because you usually get confused as to whether or not its a dream or your really awake.

Phase 2 - Volume Control This is the time when I wake up only by having music turned up full ball with me headphones on. The music usually is something really poppy, or something from a musical, loving Wicked at the moment. I think the Young Diva's song , "This time I know its for real" was the song most played that morning. I love my headphones, because with them I can have the music up really loud and no one else can hear it! So usually after this phase, I'm pretty pumped up and ready to go.

Phase 3 - V-Induced Being in need of some more energy, after just arriving at the theatre, I thought why not get a bottle of V. So, I basically skulled it, thinking YAY more energy to come my way. That did happen, but it came at a cost. Basically, because I wasn't doing anything, we had already pre-set everything, and I was just waiting in the wings, it felt like all the energy was gathering in my legs and staying there, which caused them to go all funny... Weird feeling.

Phase 4 - Stress Attack This one started just before the stage manager signalled to me that the god mic was on, and I had to do the voice over. I was petrified because for some reason I thought I was gonna say "This is Adam, how can I help you today?" This phase was basically when the show started and everything starts to happen. So making sure things are placed on stage at the right time and everything is in the right spot, as well as making sure dancers are there ready to go on. There is also a couple of parts in the performance where I had to catch people who fall and pull people through televisions!!! Basically this ends when the show does.

Phase 5 - Sheer Happiness When the last table and chairs are taken off stage, and I have nothing else to do, I get a whole let better. Basically start dancing around side of stage and am pretty pumped.

Phase 6 - Tiresome Tendancies After all the singing and dancing, being happy, the job of bumping out everything becomes closer and you can just tell that its gonna go forever!!!!! And it did... I was folding up clothes and nearly falling asleep. And the night feels like its never gonna end, but what makes it worse is that all your friends are getting drunk and waiting for you!!!

Phase 7 - Stupid Song Singing By this point of the night I've gone totally crazy and start singing completely random songs, mainly musicals that we had worked on in previous years, with a few random tracks thrown in to help. Some of the songs were; You can't stop the music, Everythings coming up roses, Stop!, Flintstones, Bedrock Twist, Sultana Bran ad, Weet Bix ad, ease on down the road and many, many more!!!!

Phase 8 - Happy Ending... Not Quite Yet! You would think that being told that you were finished and can now go to drink you would be happy, but not quite. It was rooted, I couldn't be bothered to do anything and just wanted to crawl into bed, I was in this phase as I walked into the pool hall, where the after drinks were...

Phase 9 - Pro Pool Player This is basically where the fun starts, get a bit of alcohol in me and a pool table and I'm a barrel of laughs!!! The main reason why people think I'm so funny is that I tend to be a very bad pool player, so I tend to go for the distracting the opposition to win tactics!! Basically, its slut pool, as someone put it, where when your opposition goes to take a shot, you basically try and distract them by being sleazy, blowing in the ear, etc. For some reason, I couldn't beat a team of girls only... I don't know why :P

Thats basically the phases that I can go through in a night!!!

In line with the whole theatre thing, on Saturday morning, the morning before the show, I went to Southland to try and find a toy bat!!! I though it would be easy, but no!! 2 hours later I was no closer to finding a bat, than when I had walked through the door.

I knew my shopping experience would be horrible as soon as I drove into the carpark. Basically, they have how many free car spots are on each level... The sing read :

Level 1- FULL
Level 2- 1 Spot
Level 3- FULL
Level 4- FULL
Level 5- 3 Spots

As you could probably tell, this put me in a fabulous mood!!!! So after driving around for about 25 minutes, I finally found a car spot!!!

I never really knew that people could have such bad customer service, or that they were just plain stupid. For example, I walked into a shop, and asked if they had any toy bats, the response was, "Halloween is in October". He basically said it like I should have know that, I was like thank you, I know that, but I need a bat now, do you have one?!!? He was like no sorry!! How annoying people can be. Then came the person who told me to go to Rebel Sport, I was like an animal bat not a toy bats!!! I even resorted to flapping my arms when I said the word Bat to people!!! But still, there was no bat, so basically, I was tired and exhausted and had just wasted two hours walking around Southland!!! I so could have broken down in the middle of the shopping centre but I didn't!!!

I've been working there since Thursday, so thats why I haven't spoken to a lot of people, mainly because I've been too busy, and yes I know that I owe you a Why Winter Wins! post Jo-Jo, that will come soon...

Till Later...

AdamMac
Tired Busy Bee!!!

1 Comment:

  1. princessoctober said...
    Adam...seems we're both crazy busy..Little Allie is keeping us busy as can be. I actually sit and blog at night now. Just to keep myself awake with her. So, beware you may read frightening half sleep filled enteries.
    I love the bat thing..I hate those words..same name 2 different things..LOL, to much confusion.

Leave your own Bitchy Remark!




 


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
This blog is best viewed with Firefox, it looks prettier.