I give everyone nicknames. No matter who you are, no matter the relationship you have with me, you will have a nickname. I even give nicknames to people who don't even know me. Sometimes the people I give nicknames to, don't even know that I've given them one. This is usually done so that I can talk about that person with my friends, and people listening in don't know who I am talking about.

The latest nickname that I gave out was to Red Bull Guy (or RBG for short). RBG works near my work and comes in every so often and buys red bull. Now he is one of the most attractive guys that I have seen. There is just something about him, and for some reason, my gaydar picked up funny vibes from him. Now I thought that this guy was too hot to be gay, but I don't know if I was imagined it or not, but he was always smiling at me and stuff like that. So my first crush in a long time was born.

Now me being the shy person that I am, I was too scared to talk to him. I would serve him, and then he would walk out, and I would go up to one of the girls and tell them that RBG was just in. Which would usually then have me explaining to the girls who RBG was, because with nicknames I usually just make them up, not tell anyone but expect them to know who I'm talking about.

Anyway, I finally found out about RBG's sexuality on the weekend, when I saw him out at a local club, pashing someone who I assume is his girlfriend. At first he walked in, and they weren't walking close together, so I assumed sisters or something, but with the dirty dancing and the tonsil hockey that occured later on in the night, I'm assuming/hoping it wasn't a family member! So the likelihood of AdamMac and RBG being together is extremely slim, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

I'm really glad as well that the store use nicknames or the people we work with, and the known thieves that enter the store. Our common thieves are bag lady and mole face. So whenever they come in, everyone has to keep an eye on them, and you hear us whispering between the aisles, 'mole face again'.

One mistake that one of my fellow colleagues made, was telling me a nickname that I could call her, as her name is really weird to pronounce. So I proceeded to call her that nickname throughout the day. At the end of the day though, she came up to me and told me that she wasn't comfortable with me calling her that name. I'm sorry, but if you tell me to call you Hooters, than you must be silly to not think that I wouldn't take up the opportunity. I have since stopped.

Do you commonly use nicknames?

2 Comments:

  1. Dale said...
    "...me being the shy person that I am..."

    Hah

    Hahahah

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :)

    bravo adam, you really made my day.
    Anonymous said...
    Um, ok, well I get why you'd call a guy who drinks Red Bull 'RBG', and I get why you'd call someone with a mole on their face 'mole face', but why is your nickname for me 'hooker'?

    I mean, it's not like I perform sexual favours for money.

    Now chocolate, that is another story altogether...

    Lou.

Leave your own Bitchy Remark!




 


Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
This blog is best viewed with Firefox, it looks prettier.